There are a host of problems that need to be fixed, and we could make walls of text talking about them, but the fundamental reality is that unless we get people into our government that stand up for you and me, the corrupt are going to continue to drive us into bankruptcy, Main Street is going to continue to close their doors, and Amazon is going to keep abusing their employees while paying no income tax.
The economy is great. No one can deny that. Unemployment is at record lows. But the numbers and statistics don’t tell the full story. Middle America has become a service industry. There are plenty of jobs around, if you don’t mind making burgers, fixing lattes, or driving people around. You can go work at a retail store, or a gas station, or a warehouse where you are worked like a machine until you get injured, and then are summarily fired.
- Blue collar jobs are in dire straits. The jobs exist, but the trades are suffering from severe staff shortages.
- The home health care industry is in crisis. Dion’s wife, Elizabeth, works as a Case Manager in the home health care industry, and is fully aware of the ticking time bomb that it represents. While some changes are being proposed, immediate action is required.
- Medication prices are draining our paychecks at an astonishing rate. Insulin, EpiPens, and a host of other prescriptions are still artificially inflated, while pharmaceutical companies are making big bucks, at the expense of you and me.
- Insurance premiums and dodgy practices (like automatic denials) continue to cause top insurers to rake in incredible profits while those of us who pay for it can’t make ends meet
- If politicians were as concerned with the opioid epidemic as they are with more gun laws, we might see some actual changes instead of more empty promises and fear mongering
38% of Indiana residents did not take prescribed medication due to cost. We are going broke trying to stay alive.
Northwest Indiana is the transportation hub of this country. We truly are the Crossroads of America.
Gun Control is rooted in a long history of racism. Come with me on a journey through history and find out why they don’t want us armed.
Our Criminal Justice System could be so much better. Fundamental changes are necessary, and Dion is ready for the challenge.