Northwest Indiana is a critical hub in the transportation industry. Comprised of Interstate highways, the South Shore Line, and many other rail lines, it forms the backbone of commerce in the region.
- Four Interstates connect in Indiana District 1. Interstates 80, 90, 94, and 65 all junction in our area, plus many US and State highways
- Dion has logged hundreds of thousands of miles on these very roads during his career as a truck driver and trainer
- Lake and Porter Counties are home to forty-five railroads. (2017 Indiana Department of Transportation Map)
- Investment in infrastructure and rail lines continues to be a necessary priority. Dion will work with NICTD (South Shore) and the highway departments to improve the commute to and from Chicago, as well as reduce congestion on our interstates
- Dion will prioritize the infrastructure of this region, and ensure that it is up-to-date and safe for our children and grandchildren