"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future" John F. Kennedy
"A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box. Let no man be kept from the ballot box because of his color. Let no woman be kept from the ballot box because of her sex" Frederick Douglass
We can all see that there is something wrong in Washington D.C. Let's work on solutions instead of finger pointing and name calling. Our minor differences have become all the politicians and media can focus on. There is far more that unites us than divides us.
Are you tired of the only choices on the ballot being a career politician or another rich guy? Sometimes with a token 'influencer' or local celebrity thrown in for a bit of variety? People who have never held a real job in their life are going to choose what laws we have to follow. Not them, mind you, as they have different rules, of course.
- They want to legislate away our guns, but they, their bodyguards, the police, and the military can keep theirs.
- They want their corporate masters to pay as little tax as possible, but the American Middle Class (which is shrinking) are responsible for paying for our roads, our schools, our military, and our social programs.
- They decide where our money goes, with plenty ending up in their pockets
- They tell us they know what's best for us, but laugh at us on television, and can't possibly understand us
- Hot button topics get brought up at election time, then, once elected, they forget all about them, at least until the next election
- Washington D.C. has become a circus. We need peacemakers and reasonable men and women who care about our Constitution and their constituents (the people they are supposed to represent)
- Career politicians use their influence to rake in exorbitant amounts of money from lobbyists and special interests
- Term Limits are a necessity. Representation was never meant to be a career. Dion fully supports term limits
- Congress works for you and me, though they certainly don't act like it
- The law should apply to every member of Congress, and they should have the same health care and pension options that the average American has
- Let's end the 'Good For Me, But Not For Thee' double standard rampant in our government by holding legislators to the same rules we have to follow
- Partisanship has caused our Legislative Branch to grind to a halt, with nothing getting done except hysteria
- Our taxes are what funds this great nation. American citizens should be the priority, not foreign nationals, not foreign nations, and not corporations.
- The tax system needs a massive overhaul. There are far too many loopholes and it is costing us dearly
- If we do not take active steps to protect our freedoms, we are going to find ourselves looking around wondering where they went
- Real change isn't going to come by electing the same type of people over and over.
- Dion will work for you, not special interests and lobbyists.
High prescription prices cause our elderly and disabled to be forced to go without life saving medications and procedures due to cost. Common sense changes to our health care system can solve many issues. Learn more.
Make a real difference. Donate today and help Dion to represent the everyday people here in Northwest Indiana by challenging the establishment, consistently voting for accountability and sensibility, and protecting our rights.